Are you attempting to put a dollar value on your multiplace hyperbaric chamber? This can be extremely difficult and truly is a case by case basis. A multiplace hyperbaric chamber will have many variables that will come into play when assessing it’s value.
A multiplace hyperbaric chamber can hold between 2 and 16 patients at any given time. They are pressurized with air up to either 3 or 6 ATA while 100% oxygen is delivered to each patient through a hood or mask. Multiplace hyperbaric chambers vary greatly from each other, starting with size. Below, we will list the main determining factors in assessing the value of your multiplace hyperbaric chamber.
Determining Factors in Multiplace Value Assessment
- Size – The sheer size of your chamber will determine a large amount of it’s value. Larger chambers will be able to treat more patients at any given time than smaller ones, and as a result, hold more value. Some multiplace chambers are designed to treat just a few patients at a time, while others have the capability to treat over 12. This is a large determining factor when assessing the value of your chamber.
- Thickness – Some multiplace hyperbaric chambers are designed to go to 3 ATA, while others are designed to go to 6 ATA. A vessel designed for higher levels of pressurization will naturally be constructed to a thicker standard in order to hold said pressure, and will hold a higher resale value.
- Entry Locks – In short, a “lock” on a multiplace hyperbaric chamber is a door that allows for more functionality with your chamber. An “entry lock” is an additional pressurized section of the chamber that gives flexibility in moving patients when movement is needed. Some chambers don’t have an additional lock at all, while others are double lock, or triple lock. A vessel of the same size with additional locks.
- Internal Diameter – The internal diameter of your multiplace hyperbaric chamber will be a factor when assessing it’s value. A vessel with a larger interior will provide more comfort for your patients and also allow for more flexibility for movement inside during treatments. Chambers with more interior room will be of more value than those which are smaller.
- Rectangular Door – Initially, multiplace hyperbaric chambers were designed with a round door. Over the years, engineers realized that a rectangular door would be far more effective, especially when treating patients who are confined to wheelchairs. The presence of a rectangular door will increase the value of your multiplace hyperbaric chamber.
- Dive Cycles – The control panel of your multiplace hyperbaric chamber has a cycle counter which displays the amount of dives the vessel has undergone. This can be likened to the mileage on an automobile and can play a large role in the value of your chamber.
- Age – as with most items, a newer chamber of equal quality will bring more value to the table than an older one.
- Condition – Hyperbaric chambers need to be maintained and cleaned regularly. All other factors equal, a chamber in better condition will hold more value.
Categories of Multiplace Hyperbaric Chambers
- A small multiplace chamber is capable of treating 2-4 patients at one time.
- A medium sized multiplace chamber can treat 6-10
- A large multiplace chamber can treat 12+ patients at a time.
The Most Common Prices for Multiplace Hyperbaric Chambers
- (Used) 10+ year old Large Multiplace Chamber – Price range(s) between $500,000 – $1,000,000
- (Used) < 10 year old Large Multiplace Chamber – Price range(s) between $600,000 to $1,500,000
- (Used) 10+ year old Medium Multiplace Chamber – Price range(s) between $200,000 to $600,000
- (Used) < 10 year old Medium Multiplace Chamber – Price range(s) between $400,000 to $900,000
- (Used) 10+ year old Small Multiplace Chamber – Price range(s) between $200,000 to $300,000
- (Used) < 10 year old Small Multiplace Chamber – Price range(s) between $250,000 to $450,000
If you are considering buying or selling a multiplace hyperbaric chamber, feel free to give us a call. We would be glad to help you assess your chamber and help you put a dollar value on it.